Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Breaking News: Politician is Corrupt

I was going to write a story about the Blagojevich story pointing out that politicians are only for sale because they have a lot to offer.  But this post says almost exactly what I wanted to say, so I can maximize my comparative advantage (namely driving my daughter to school).

So the big news today is that the governor of Illinois has been caught doing explicitly what most politicians do with more subtlety every single day:  selling off their power to the highest bidder.  I can't help but note that yet another politician is indicted on corruption charges at the very same time we are handing over unprecedented power to the political class as we partially nationalize the banking system and, apparently, the Big Three auto companies.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment