Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Random Thoughts

I had my second class last night and I'll dig into some details about that soon. But for now I thought I'd share some random thoughts.

  • My advisor/professor is way out there - she spent some time in the Alaskan bush; no (prepared) food, no electricity, no heat, no thank you.
  • Queer Studies at a Catholic University? There is a conflict in there somewhere, I'm certain.
  • I think the students in my class can be separated into three distinct groups:
    • Professionals finally finishing what they should have done some time ago.
    • Divorced, middle aged women (all went to Catholic school no less).
    • People that think getting a college degree is going to make everything magically better.
  • Whether I am in the first or third group remains to be seen.
  • I'm glad I haven't been actively blogging or I would have likely jumped on the Ron Paul bandwagon and would be forced into a mea culpa.
  • How 'bout them Packers?

No comments:

Post a Comment