Friday, December 30, 2005

Switcharoo on Lesbian Students

I blogged earlier how I didn’t think that two students would have much luck suing a school for kicking them out because they were allegedly gay.

KipEsquire stopped by in the comments and persuaded me that I am wrong. The students shouldn’t be punished for breaking a rule that they may not have known existed. And if they did break that rule there should be some due process to actually prove that they were – in fact – lesbians.

If the students had identified themselves as lesbian prior to admission then Dale would probably come into play. Heck, if they had informed the school that they were not gay as a prerequisite for admission they could probably be removed without recourse.

I still don’t agree with Kip that Dale is at odds with FAIR, but he convinced me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment