Monday, April 10, 2006

Conservation

I entered my hotel room last evening and found several friendly placards information me, in part:
If you are staying with us for more than one night, as part of [our conservation] program, we will launder your linens every three days.

Now, I don't know about you, but I'm rather skeptical that reducing laundry will have any appreciable effect on the environment. Indoor plumbing is very near a closed loop system, and when you add in central sewer system it is all but a closed loop system.

We use water, we send water down the sewer, they clean the water and they send it back to us again. So I don't beleive for a minute that it has anything to do with water conservation, but everything to do with money conservation.

Of course, unlike some people, I don't begudge a guy (or a corporation) from trying to save a couple bucks (and thus me a couple bucks). It's just sad that they have to lie to us to get us to cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment