Sunday, January 08, 2006

Microsoft Bashing - Take 2

From NYT:

But I think that what most people want from the next Windows isn’t more stuff added, but rather stuff to be taken away–like crashes, lockups, viruses, error messages and security holes.

Something tells me that this guy hasn’t used windows since Win95.  I haven’t had a crash on XP since – well never.  I support PCs for a living (sorta) and the only time I see problems is when the user has done something stupid or installed crappy software.  

The request for better security is certainly appropriate, and Microsoft is listening.  Their software has a fraction of the exploits that it used to.  Oh, and it has less than the *nix based OSs (including Mac).  But we wouldn’t want to actually mention that, would we?

No comments:

Post a Comment